Friday, February 13, 2015

Day 774: Alton Brown

I have this list of the top 10 people I'd like to meet in my lifetime. It's got, of course, 10 people on it (actually 11, but I'll explain that in a minute), and there's only one rule: they have to be alive. I mean, after all, there's just no way I could meet Walt Disney, so even though he's the number one person I wish I could meet, it's just not plausible.

So, after much thought and deliberation I have this list, from 1-10: Colin O'Donoghue, Harrison Ford, Jennifer Morrison, Neil Patrick Harris, Candace Cameron Bure, Ellen DeGeneres, Adam Horowitz/Eddy Kitsis, Alton Brown, John Stamos, & Josh Dallas.

I'm sure, if you know me well enough, you're wondering why Harrison Ford is second, and there's a very simple reason. I figure the chances of me meeting Harrison Ford are pretty low, but the chances of Colin O'Donoghue are already higher, so in an attempt to push that higher chance further, I list Colin as #1. You see, regardless, if I do meet Colin, HF will be pushed into that #1 spot, but in reality, they're actually probably tied. It's just a weird logical thing I'm trying to pull, which honestly, at this point, doesn't even make sense to me. Regardless, I'm too lazy to change it now. From there, everyone is pretty equal on the list, although Adam and Eddy are listed together because I figure that if I meet one, the other will be there too. It just made sense to put them together.

It's not everyday that I get to meet someone from my list though. They're all on there for a reason, but when the opportunity to meet #8: Alton Brown came up, I couldn't let it pass by. Alton Brown, for those of you that don't know, hosted a cooking show on the Food Network called Good Eats for 14 years. I remember my mom showing me an episode or two when I was fairly young, and since then it's provided a lot of inspiration to cook and bake myself, which is obviously a pretty avid hobby in my life today.

It just so happened that Alton Brown was making a stop in Green Bay for a performance of his new live show, Alton Brown Live, which, by the way, was AMAZING. My parents were kind enough to grant my wish for VIP passes, meaning that we had a meet and greet before the show. My face was actually shaking:




He was super nice and literally I hope to see the show again because it was THAT GOOD. I was laughing for pretty much the entire time and left with a serious craving for cheese curds (which...although lactose intolerant, I ended up giving into). This does raise a couple of questions though: 

1. How in the world does this relate to Disney? 

To be honest, I'm not really sure aside from the fact that two things inspired my cooking: Alton Brown and Disney. Also, think about how many connections the rest of my "People I Want to Meet" list has to Disney. 

2. Who replaces Alton Brown on the list? 

It took me over a week to figure out the replacement for my cooking inspiration on the list, because, well, after I've met the person, they can't really be on the list any longer. After watching The Oscars last night, however, it finally occurred to me that months ago there was one person missing from the list that I guess I had just forgotten about, even though they really should be on it: Julie Andrews. So she actually took Alton Brown's exact spot at #8, since as much as I want to meet Josh Dallas and John Stamos, I just couldn't put her under them. 

3. What in the world will happen if I meet Colin...or...Harrison Ford!?! 

I'm not joking when I say my face was shaking. You literally have no idea what that feels like, and I'm generally pretty good in front of large crowds and people. Yeah, I don't even know how to describe it other than one of the weirdest feelings I've experienced. Regardless, we're now taking bets in the "Will I faint meeting Colin" debate. 

And so, that's one person checked off of my list. Only another 9 from that original list, plus an additional 10th to go! 

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on February 23).



No comments:

Post a Comment