Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Day 876: Picture Frame

I asked Megan what this blog post should be on today, because in a world where I've somehow come up with hundreds of blog post topics, I just couldn't find one more to fill in the empty slots a broken laptop and no time left. Luckily for me, Megan came up with a topic almost immediately, and it only took one try for my mind to form at least a short post on what she told me!

The other day she happened to see a photograph in one of the other offices on campus, as she works at our college, and the picture was of one of the ladies from the office and one or two other people (I'm a bit fuzzy on what she said at this point, but it's not essential to the post, as you'll see in a minute). There weren't any children in the photo, although it was definitely taken at Walt Disney World, and it got me thinking about just how often photos like these pop up.

Of course, I always have a supply of Disney photos around me. I have several that sit on my desk at school and my bedroom and home is filled with them as well. The way I see it, the more pictures I have, the more I'm reminded of the positive memories I have, even when things get rough. The trips I've taken to Walt Disney World with my best friends have been amazing, so of course I have photos from our travels everywhere, even on my desk at work!

But I'm definitely not the only one to have photos from Walt Disney World around. My band director obviously has several of them placed around the band room in our High School, reminders that we accomplished something great and had the spectacular opportunity to perform at the most magical place on earth. One of my best friends, Ashley, has Disney photographs all over her house, many of which feature me (actually they all do I think...). Even Megan has some Disney photos around, specifically on her desk, or rather, she did have some on her desk in our dorm room. We're moved out now...in that awkward summer period before we move into our next housing.

Finding pictures from Walt Disney World scattered around the world make me incredibly happy. After all, they make for a great conversation starter, but they're also one of those little things that's able to bring me a simple smile in the middle of a hard day.Not everyone may love Disney the way I do, but those photos are symbols that there are happy memories there for so many people, and that's what I like to see. Happy memories.

And if it leads to conversation about the magic of Disney in the process? Well then...all the better!

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on June 4 due to computer issues).

No comments:

Post a Comment