Saturday, May 16, 2015

Day 866: Who Didn't Know?

It's hard to stump a "Die-Hard" Disney fan. It really, really is. My roommates try to do it sometimes and it just doesn't work. I don't know everything, oh no, not by a long shot, but as a Disney fan I have a good amount of base knowledge, and what may seem like the most little detail is actually the stuff I thrive on.

And that's why THIS article from PopSugar made my brother and I laugh.

Not to say it's not a good article, because I'm sure there are Disney fans out there who won't know at least a few of these, but 39 Disney World facts that even a die-hard fan wouldn't know? Good Luck! There were a few that surprised me, on the other hand, but only a few, and here's what they were:

Each Day, an average of 210 pairs of sunglasses are turned into Disney's Lost and Found. 

Alright, so I didn't know this one, but I don't know every statistic. There's one that comes up later, about Hamburgers I believe, that I actually did know though, a fact I'm quite proud of!

There are 4,000 acres of gardens and maintained park landscapes. (3,000 football fields). 

It's another statistic, and while I knew it was a lot, I didn't know it was quite that much. I mean, 3,000 football fields? That's crazy! But props to the Disney Horticulture Department for keeping it all looking beautiful! That's a lot of hard work!

Wait...that's only two things, and that's the truth. Of 39 items, there were only two that I honestly didn't know. Does this mean that I'm beyond a Die-Hard Disney fan? Maybe, but it could also mean that some of these facts aren't exactly unknown. After all, I'm pretty sure we can all figure out that EPCOT is 32 years old (33 this year) and stands for Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow. And I think the fact about the dream suite in Cinderella Castle can almost go without mention.

The point here is this: These articles make me feel like a real Disney expert, but they're also things that some of my friends could do simply because they spend time with me. Walt Disney World is an extremely complex place, and there's a lot more that goes on behind the scenes than the fact about Trader Sam being the headhunter on The Jungle Cruise (although, if you notice, the picture they use isn't from Walt Disney World at all). There are some really interesting facts out there, and if you love Disney like I do, I highly recommend going out and finding a Disney World Trivia book. It'll be well worth your while!

How many of the facts did you know? Let me know in the comments below!

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on May 24 due to computer issues).

No comments:

Post a Comment