Friday, May 29, 2015

Day 879: The Gang's All Here

After the terrifying adventures HAL9000 and I have had over the past half year or so, I'm happy to announce that he's finally back. A little worse for wear, but overall alright, and the majority of my files were saved in the process! When he died completely (corrupt Hard Drive...I'm not joking around), I thought it was the end of the line, but somehow he managed to pull through. Maybe the giant bill and two week long hiatus have something to do with that, but I don't think I've ever appreciated sitting at my college working on my laptop more. There's something satisfying about using a keyboard that you're used to typing on. Things go much faster.

But that's not all that's gone on in regards to Technology. I've made a bit of an upgrade this summer when it comes to my tech family. With HAL going in and out of comission constantly over the last few months, things have gotten scary, and trying to work from devices that weren't mine got pretty difficult. Plus, I wasn't planning on taking HAL to Florida on my next trip. Which left me with a problem: How in the world would I blog or work on anything?

Granted, I rarely blog while on my trips, usually saving those posts to be made up as soon as I get back. But with everything going on over the next few weeks, I'm going to be pretty busy, and that extra time I have sitting in the airport sounds like the perfect time to get something done.

And so, I introduce to you...Honey Lemon!


That's right, an iPad named after the Big Hero 6 Character is now a part of the team, and I'm already loving how much easier she makes things. Blogging from my phone was virtually impossible, and while blogging from an iPad isn't like blogging on a laptop, at least it works, and it'll provide me with a great opportunity to work on things while traveling this summer and into the next school year! 

Is HAL a little jealous? Probably. But at least this way maybe there will be a little less wear on both HAL and my phone, affectionately now named Rosie by one of my friends from college. As for why I named my iPad Honey Lemon, I really have no clue. It just seemed right in the moment and that's how I come up with all of the names for objects in my life. Don't question it. 

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on June 4 due to Computer Issues).

No comments:

Post a Comment