Sunday, May 3, 2015

Day 853: One True Pairing

I've spent some time this evening trying to determine what to do to makeup this extra blog post, although I've known from the start that I wanted it to be Star Wars themed. After all, May is definitely Star Wars month! But I didn't want to just do a post I've done before and then, through a collection of old blog posts, it hit me!

It started out when I came across this post from only a few weeks ago, which you'll see again in the next blog post as one of my favorite Star Wars themed Everyday Disney posts. The post included a graphic that helped explain my love of Han Solo in comparison to Captain Hook, which you can see below. Then I stumbled back across the first post on the Love Triangle Theory, and realized that there's something I think about quite often but have never actually blogged about, and that's my OTP'S.



For those that aren't fluent in fangirl, there's this thing called shipping, a completely ironic word when it comes to the fact that my two all-time favorite characters both own a ship. Either way, shipping is where you want two characters to form a relationship, whether it be canon or not (real in the plot of the show). So for example, Han and Leia are certainly an example of a canon-ship, while Leia and Lando would be a Non-canon pairing (who even ships that?) So then you have ships, but there are some ships that are just way more important than all of the other ships, and those ships are your OTPs, or rather, "One True Pairings." The concept sounds as though you really only have one, but I definitely like to believe we can have plenty. For me, I have two, and it just so happens that they are pretty closely connected!

And so I give the list: A Few Reasons why Hook and Emma are actually Han and Leia!

Uhh...Princess Leia? 


Scoundrel? Scoundrel? I like the sound of that. 



Get in the way? Never! 




Space Pirate and Pirate are obviously the same. After all, they do both fly




Of course, there are plenty of other reasons as to why Hook is Han and Emma is Leia, such as the complete female power that exists anytime Emma or Leia are around, the whole force use thing (definitely like Emma's magic), the constant hand holding that occurs all the time, and the list just goes on and on and on.

Now...let's just hope this doesn't go down in the Season 4 finale!



Have a magical day!


(Note: Due to finals, this post was written on May 4, 2015).

No comments:

Post a Comment