Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Day 877: One Galaxy Over

I'm almost to my very first Star Wars Weekend and I don't think I could be more excited. When mom called me to ask if I wanted to go to Disney in June, it didn't even register that I'd be able to attend one of the events, finally, and to a point, I still don't believe I'm going.

So what am I excited for the most? That's a hard question, but I think right now it's definitely a tie between meeting the characters (CHEWIE!) and the fireworks at the end of the day. But just to up the excitement a bit more, I figured I'd write a quick post on the things I'm really excited for when it comes to attending Star Wars Weekends in just a few days!

Meeting Chewbacca: 


Obviously I'm pretty excited about this one, as I talk about it just about every time I mention Star Wars Weekends. I've always been incredibly jealous of the people that get to go to Star Wars Weekends and meet the various characters, but none more than Chewie. Since I can't really meet Han Solo (he tends to be frozen in carbonate more often than not...), Chewie is definitely at the top of my list, but I'm greatly looking forward to hanging out with Darth Vader and the Stormtroopers and all of the other characters as well! It's not an opportunity you have every day!

Fireworks:


I can count the number of times I've seen fireworks at Disney's Hollywood Studios on one hand...not including Fantasmic of course. The total comes up to one, which was part of a special presentation I attended as a kid and am really too young to remember clearly. So fireworks at HS sounds like just about the greatest thing ever...and the fact that they're Star Wars themed? Even better!

The Rebel Hanger: 


My mom mentioned to me a few weeks ago that she found a reservation for the Rebel Hanger, and at this point I think she's even more excited than I am about it. Star Wars themed food, a Star Wars themed restaurant (At least temporarily), AND trading with Jawas? I think yes.

Everything Else: 


I think this list could go on forever, mostly because I'm simply excited for every part of Star Wars Weekends! Of course, when I get back there will most certainly be a report on how much I enjoyed it all! Probably in the form of a YouTube video actually!

Now I just need to figure out how not to spend all my money on Star Wars Weekends Merch.

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on June 4 due to Computer Issues).

No comments:

Post a Comment