Sunday, May 17, 2015

Day 867: Reduse, Reuse, Recycle

Coming home from college means packing and unpacking and repacking and sorting and organizing and boxes and attempting to fit a futon into a bedroom that's already pretty much filled with stuff. Somehow I got it done, and now my friends and family all comment on how my room apparently reminds them of a dorm room, which I'm fairly proud of. The room is full, that's for sure, but I'm happy with how it turned out. Taking the futon back out in the fall will make for another change, but for now I'm going to enjoy the time I have with a room that's set up exactly how I want it.

But I came across a few challenges as I reorganized my entire room. You know those things that you don't really need but don't want to get rid of, all while debating if you're actually becoming a hoarder? I've come across a few of them, including the beautiful tins some of the Disney Vinylmation come in. After sitting on my shelf for around two years, I finally found a use for a couple of them, one in particular, which now sits on my desk:


Figuring out how to save the Disney tin while also making real use of it got me thinking too...what other Disney things are just sitting around that could be re-purposed? After all, I don't think any of us can disagree with the fact that we all have obnoxious amounts of Disney stuffed into our homes, even if half of it is just little stuff like this.

So over the summer I'm going to try and come up with a few new ways to use Disney merch, even if it's a bit out of the ordinary. After all, in order to come up with a solution we may have to think outside of the box!

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on May 24 due to computer issues).

No comments:

Post a Comment