Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Day 869: A Different Computer

As I mentioned in the last blog post, I've had a few computer issues over the past week. Actually, a few doesn't even begin to describe it. HAL, my beloved laptop, is currently at a repair shop because otherwise it might just be the end of the line for him. He's been through a lot over the past couple of years and, at this point, I'm just tired of technical difficulties. However, that's part of the job description, right? And at this point I just hope to have him back in some form or another, because trying to work on three other computers, none of which actually belong to me, isn't really working out for me very well.

Coming back to the home desktop computer has been strange. I've been typing with this keyboard for hours now and I'm still not really used to it (although thankfully I've always been decent at keyboarding so it doesn't get to me too much), and the fact that my files are absolutely all over the place isn't exactly comforting.

I have, on the other hand, made things a little more homey, this time with a new background from the Disney Parks Blog:

Via The Disney Parks Blog
I had a few other backgrounds I considered, but once this one appeared on the blog, that was it for me. I'm in love with the color and the simplicity of it, perfect for a larger screen like my computer here at home. As for Captain Hook here, it looks like he'll just have to wait for HAL to come back from the shop to have more fun.

Via The Disney Parks Blog
What does this mean? Well, it does mean that I'm several days behind on Everyday Disney, even if I'm working on remedying that as we speak. It doesn't, however, slow me down too much. While it's absolutely frustrating to be without my own computer, I'm making the best of the situation, working on pre-production for several projects, all of which I'm thrilled that they're finally coming together, slowly but surely. You'll know the second I have my laptop back though...or rather, Twitter probably will, as yes, I still have my phone and will be around social media!

In other words, I'm not taking any sort of hiatus from Everyday Disney as I wait for repairs. The only lapse that will officially occur is during my trips this summer, occurring June 6-10, June 17-20 and August 11-20. Other than that, it's full steam ahead!

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on May 24 due to computer issues).

No comments:

Post a Comment