Sunday, October 4, 2015

Day 1007: For Adriane

It pains me that I'm even writing this, but days like today are never easy. For those outside of the Once Upon A Time fandom, you probably have no idea who I'm talking about, but when I debated what today's post should be on, it could only be Adriane.

Many CaptainSwan shippers woke this morning to find that one of our own tragically passed away from meningitis early this morning, and while I didn't know her personally, I did know her as a voice of absolute positivity in the fandom. Adri, as we all knew her, was, as Colin O'Donoghue said, a true Oncer, and I couldn't agree more. Her Tumblr, which you can find HERE, was filled with some of the best Once posts, and I still remember following her because of her absolute love of Emma Swan.

It's in tragic times like these that I'm amazed at the absolute support a fandom can create. Most of the time, it's an internet community, and even in one of my classes we've been having debates about the realities of communication destroying relationships. But if I've learned anything in my time with the Once Upon A Time Fandom, and if Adri's experiences stood for anything, it's that the relationships created are very real.

The CaptainSwan fandom, in particular, has been a source of absolute love today, and in a world that's filled with so much negativity, it was refreshing to see. I'm crushed that it took something like this for it to happen, but it's always a beautiful sight when people unite together to spread love and celebrate life in a time of tragedy. From the newest shipmates to our captains Colin and Jen, this fandom united in an amazing way, and while I'm always proud to be a Oncer, I've never been more proud than today.

So this blog post goes out to Adri, and please, if you are able, watch Once Upon A Time tonight in her memory and tweet using the tag #WatchForAdri. And to the CaptainSwan fandom, never change. Let's keep getting through thick and thin: together.

Rest in Peace Adri, we'll all miss you.


Have a magical day!



No comments:

Post a Comment