Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Day 1010: The ABCs of ABC

It occurred to me recently that I watch a lot of ABC shows, which I realized somewhere in the middle of my second episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. when a commercial for How to Get Away With Murder came on, followed closely by an ad for OUAT. And we can't forget that The Muppets is thrown in there too. So instead of doing a "which shows you should watch" sort of post, I decided that instead I'll take my favorite ABC shows and do the ABCs of ABC!

A is for Annalise, and B is for Bonnie, two of my favorite characters on How to Get Away with Murder. I'm going to try super hard not to reveal spoilers in this article, but how about those reveals in the premiere of Season 2!?!

C is for CaptainSwan, because what else would it be for? It's become quickly apparent that the relationship between Emma Swan and Killian Jones will be playing a key part in the Fifth Season of Once Upon a Time, and I'm interested to see where it goes (as long as where it goes isn't death and destruction)...

D is for Daisy, aka Skye on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, and E is for Emma Swan, two characters that have definitely gone through some intense changes in their respective shows recently! The ending of the last season of SHIELD had me on the edge of my seat, and the moments with Skye and her family broke my heart. However, seeing her called Daisy this season is pretty awesome. Meanwhile, the savior has, as I just mentioned, gone dark, and this season we're seeing a side to Emma I don't think any of us ever anticipated seeing.

F is for Fitz, who's been my favorite character on S.H.I.E.L.D. since the beginning. Everything going on with FitzSimmons breaks my heart, but seeing how determined he is to find his love is encouraging and refreshing...if not even more heartbreaking than ever.

G is for Grant Ward, who I guess was another of my favorite characters next to Fitz in Season 1 of S.H.I.E.L.D. But then he had to just go all rogue and ruin everything. Regardless, Ward is still super intriguing, even if he does seem bound and determined to reestablish Hydra.

H is for Hook, because did you really expect anything less? I don't even need to give you a description for this, but here's a GIF of him winking just for good measure:



I is for Inhuman, which is really coming into play on S.H.I.E.L.D. this season. My big question is about what kinds of powers can these people have? I mean, Lincoln has the whole electric thing going on, and Skye...I mean Daisy...can make the ground shake. But can I have like...the ability to teleport? Because that would be amazing.

J is for Jemma, who caused me so much pain at the end of the last season of S.H.I.E.L.D. You can't just go and get swallowed up by a weird piece of rock Jemma! That is not how things work!

K is for Kermit the Frog, who I'm absolutely excited to have back on TV. I do have one suggestion for the show though Mr. The Frog! Maybe get some Colin O'Donoghue going on the show? My OTP may be CaptainSwan, but you have to admit that CaptainKermit is one of the greatest things in the world:



L is for Lancelot, who is either apparently dead or not dead or something. You never really know on Once Upon A Time, but apparently we'll find out pretty soon what really happened to him. Maybe he's been in hiding, alive since Season 2! Maybe he's actually dead, killed by Cora! Either way, Lancelot will be returning to our screens this season, at least for flashbacks, so get ready for more adventures of the round table!

M is for Miss Piggy, because if I didn't include her on this list I may have to face a code red situation. I mean...why wouldn't I include her on this list? I really should have just found a way to make every single letter a picture of Miss Piggy. Gosh, what was I thinking!?! Hopefully this won't put any cake in my face or anything...



N is for Nate Lahey, an interesting side character on How to Get Away With Murder. Last season left him in jail for a crime that wasn't his own, and now he's in some weird in between zone that I honestly don't understand. Not my focus of study though, so I'll leave that to he lawyers.

O is for OutlawQueen, which has certainly had its fair share of problems over the course of the relationship. Robin and Regina certainly deserve to be together, especially after the whole really weird Zelena fiasco...

P is for Phil Coulson, the one character on S.H.I.E.L.D. that you just sort of have to love. Coulson keeps everything going, and to be completely honest, I'm really jealous of his Grumpy Cat mug...



Q is for Quinn, aka that one Once character no one ever remembers except for when you're trying to make an ABC list for ABC shows and no one else has a Q in their name much less starts with one. If you think back to Season 2, however, you might remember Quinn, one of the wolves that Ruby meets! If not, here's a picture refresher:



R is for Robin Hood, my second favorite guy on Once Upon A Time. How can you not love Sean though? I may have been strongly influenced by my Twitter friends, many of which are huge OutlawQueen shippers and Sean fans, but I can definitely see the appeal, and Sean has quickly worked his way towards the top of my want to meet list!

S  is for Sam the Eagle, our favorite American-loving Bald Eagle who develops grand tributes to all nations...but mostly America! And T is for Thompson, as in Lea Thompson, who recently guest starred on an episode of The Muppets. Definitely a great moment for us Back to the Future fans, even if Kermit didn't get as much time with her as he might have hoped.

U is for Ursula, whom I miss dearly on OUAT. Actually, I miss all of the Queens of Darkness, but probably Ursula and Cruella most of all. What a wonderful season it was with them around. I suppose, however, we have new characters this season too. V, for instance, is for Violet, a new character from Camelot who Henry seems to have developed a bit of a crush for. I hope it works out for them...or at least better than things seem to go for every other ship on the show.

W is for Wes, and I have to admit that I'm VERY curious to see where this season leads in regards to his character. I also must mention, however, that I'm a bit dissapointed with where the show may be heading, but I'll keep watching HTGAWM anyway. The plot twists definitely keep me hooked.

X is for X-Ray Eye Implant, and let me tell you, X was definitely the hardest letter on this list. Either way, on S.H.I.E.L.D. we've definitely seen a lot of technology regarding X-Ray vision! Actually just technology in general. Like really, what will they come up with next!?!

Y is for Yolanda Rat, and if you don't know who she is, just check out the picture below. I never really noticed Yolanda before the new series began, but for some reason she's just stood out to me in the few episodes we've gotten so far. She's definitely a sassy one, and I like that!


And finally, Z is for our favorite Wicked Witch of the West, Zelena. When she was around in Season 3, I quickly learned to love Rebecca Mader, and when it was announced that she would be returning for Season 5, I was absolutely thrilled! I do feel bad for all of the OutlawQueen fans who now have to deal with this whole Zelena's baby thing, but at the same time, I'm definitely sympathetic for Zelena too...and I love Bex way too much to let her go anyway.

So there you have it, the ABCs of ABC! Surprisingly, this list wasn't all that difficult, and I only referenced four of the many ABC shows you can find now! Unfortunately, as much as I want to watch and catch up on all of Castle, I don't have time for such things...so for the moment I'll just keep my energies focus on keeping up with the shows I do watch!

Let me know in the comments below which ABC show is your favorite!

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment