Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Day 1030: In the Air

On the old "A Day at Magic Kingdom" VHS that I have, there's this part where they showcase a couple of old hot air balloons, and honestly, I didn't know much about them aside from the fact that I really, really wanted to go on one. In our world today, you can certainly book a trip on the Characters in Flight Hot Air Balloon that calls Disney Springs home, but the balloons in the video that I grew up with are a bit more unique. 

I happened to see the following picture on Tumblr, which got me thinking about the balloons, and now I can't really stop thinking about them.


While I have to admit that the giant Mickey and Donald heads as balloons weirds me out just a little bit, they are still pretty awesome, and way cooler than any hot air balloon I've ever seen in real life. Of course, there's also these two: 


I have no idea how such balloons can be made, but I sure like them, especially the Spaceship Earth one. Obviously it had to have flown in my lifetime because the Epcot portion of the decor wasn't put on until after 2000, and I remember very well when that 2000 was put on, and when it was changed to the Epcot that stayed until a number of years ago. The castle is pretty awesome too though, don't you think? 

I'd certainly be interested in hearing more about these balloons, so if you have any information I'd be happy to hear about it, but otherwise let me know in the comments below what kind of Disney hot air balloon you would want to fly in. Would it be a Spaceship Earth balloon like me or something entirely different? 

Have a magical day! 


(Note: This blog post was written on December 31).

No comments:

Post a Comment