Thursday, October 29, 2015

Day 1032: I Know You

When you get to 1000 blog posts that are all supposed to be different, things start to get a little messy, which is why I've started doing some Throwback Thursday posts, where I go back and revisit posts from previous years. After all, I've changed over the past two years, and so have you and so has the world, so it only makes sense.

For instance, back on Day 667: Through Association, I talked about how in sociology I learned about the six degrees of separation and the theory that everyone is six or fewer steps away from anyone else int he world. At the time, I mentioned that I was about three degrees away from Colin O'Donoghue, although now I suppose I'm closer to one (although I can't remember if one means I personally know them or if I know someone who knows them). Either way, I do know someone who knows Colin, and I have talked to him personally, so I guess three is an outdated number. I haven't gotten any closer to Harrison Ford though

And that's the funny thing about connections. I've certainly learned in the past few years that it's all about who know you. In fact, a friend of mine knows people who worked on Glee, and when I attended the Twin Cities Film Festival I met tons of people who know Colin, including a few who were quite interested in me and the work I hope to do in the future. This next summer I hope to work at a national youth convention that happens to be taking place at Walt Disney World, and there too I'm working my way in through connections.

I also talked, on Day 667, about bringing Disney into the lives of people even when I'm not there, and I hope that's something that's continued. Actually, the other day a friend of mine tweeted me to tell me they were watching Star Wars, and I absolutely get comments about how people thought of me in reference to other Disney circumstances. And you know what, if my label forever ends up being "That Crazy Disney Girl," I guess I'll do just fine.

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on December 31).

No comments:

Post a Comment