Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Day 667: Through Association

You know, it really is a small world.

I learned in Sociology last year that everyone is connected through six degrees of separation. The theory is that everyone and everything is six or fewer steps away, through introduction, from any other person in the world, like a chain that is "A friend of a friend of a friend knows..." I know, for a fact, that I'm about three degrees away from Colin O'Donoghue, and I know someone who's actually a neighbor of Harrison Ford. It's a ridiculous chain, and I like to think that somehow, someway, that's how I'll get to meet some of my favorite people someday.

What's really funny is when people I do know find other people I know and they meet aside from me. Today that happened. My cousin met someone on the bus, whom happened to go to high school with me. Now, I'm not friends with everyone necessarily, but in a smaller high school you kind of get to know everyone, at least a little bit. At the very least you know of them.

So I get this text from my cousin today telling me she met this person on the bus, and then tweeted about how the person mentioned me and Disney. It's not surprising to any of us that that's what she associated me with. I mean, seriously, I am the Disney person. I'm not the only Disney person, but I'm definitely known for it. I'm perfectly alright with that because there are lot of worse things to be known for, and I'm super glad I stayed away from those things. But it's sort of funny at the same time, just to be known as the Disney person and have people meet my family outside of school and still associate that with me. Because let's be real, I probably look like I sit down and do this:


That seems like a fairly accurate statement. Turns out I bring Disney into the lives of people even when I'm no where to be found, and that seems like a pretty good accomplishment to me. 

Have a magical day!



No comments:

Post a Comment