Sunday, October 26, 2014

Day 664: From Year to Year

Things are always changing around here, and by here I mean Disney World. It's amazing how quickly we can go from one attraction to another, with entire new lands built in only a few years, all featuring new experiences and adventures and sights to see. Just as quickly, things close down, mostly to make room for those new additions, but also because they're just no longer up to date. I mean, right now we're right off the loss of Maelstrom and the Backlot Tour, only to receive new information saying that the Sorcerer's Hat will be taken down in the beginning of 2015. Not that I'm really complaining, but it's still odd to think about.

However, I often times do go back and look into how things in the parks used to be, and one of my absolute favorite ways to do this is through those old vacation planning videos and in the promotional items that we somehow end up collecting over the years. Since my mom began working as a travel agent specializing in Disney travel, there's been a bit more of such promotional items around our house, and this weekend new brochures came in the mail, and I mean brand new. These are hot off the press, 2015 edition brochures. 

Of course, I took one for my own collection, although I have to admit that it was mostly for the beautiful map that's in the middle of the book, even if it isn't really accurate when it comes to size. I mean, I seriously don't need more promotional material for Disney. I already know the parks like the back of my hand, and if I really need to explain something I already have my own copy of the Birnbaum Guide for 2015, the vacation planning DVD, and plenty of other books, not to mention the webpages that just stay up on my phone for when I obviously need to use them. There's a tab open to menus for all of Disney World, one open to my blog, one for just about everything I could ever need that's Disney related...and that's not even included the apps.

Still, here I am with my new 2015 copy of the Walt Disney World Resort brochure. I actually have a 2014 brochure as well, and my friend and I had a good time reading out of particular sections to see how different it was between the two years. The answer? Not very different. Then again, really, how much can things change within one year, especially when, really, not much has actually changed the parks. Granted, the Mine Train finally opened this year, completing New Fantasyland, and there are a few other random things, along with a lot of closures, but that's not even what the brochure is about. In respect to the resorts and the My Magic+ Information, it's basically all the same. 

It's sort of a relief actually. Less new information for me to have to explain to people, for any of us to have to explain. After all, we're already going to have to deal with the Sorcerer's Hat and all the confusion that will likely come out of that change. Gosh people are going to be confused. 

Have a magical day!

(Note: This blog post was written on October 27).

No comments:

Post a Comment