Sunday, October 19, 2014

Day 657: Yensid

Many of you know that I generally enjoy educating my friends about Disney. It's completely true too, and as we progress through life I think we find two things. 1. My knowledge of Disney seems to be incredibly random and seriously infinite and 2. There's a lot they still don't know.

Yensid is one of those things.

Those of us who are Disney fans are like "Oh yeah, Yensid! Who doesn't know that!" and all it takes is one trip through The Great Movie Ride to know this fact too. But as we watched Once Upon A Time tonight (SPOILER ALERT...KINDA) and the Sorcerer's Apprentice showed up we got around to talking about Yensid and I confused my roommates by talking about him.

Who is Yensid you may ask?

Well, in Fantasia, Mickey plays the part of the Sorcerer's Apprentice, and the Sorcerer he serves is named Yensid. It's a little hidden Disney fact that we like to tell people because it's pretty darn cool. Still haven't figured it out? Ok, let's put it in all caps: YENSID. There's a hidden word here, and that's what I'm getting at.

Alright...if you haven't gotten it yet I'm just going to have to give it to you. Spell Yensid backwards. What do you get? Disney! Yep, Yensid is actually just Disney spelled backwards, and like I said, it will take you one trip on the Great Movie Ride to learn that information since it's been a part of the script since...probably forever.

And that's what I educated my roommates on tonight. I taught them about Yensid. I can't say I blew their minds because they're still alive, but I do love sharing Disney facts with them as time goes on. It's just entertaining to watch other people learn what I've known for so long, especially when I get to see their reaction to it!

Did you know about Yensid? And if you watched OUAT tonight...how about that date, huh?

Have a magical day!



No comments:

Post a Comment