Friday, October 10, 2014

Day 648: Behind the Scenes

I had every single intention of having every blog post made up by the end of September. I really, truly, honestly did. In fact, about a month ago I outlined the entire rest of 2014 and what I needed to accomplish in respects to Everyday Disney (and the new stuff coming next year), and catching up once and for all on the blog was part of Phase One, taking place during September.

Then, using Spaceship Earth terms here, we hit a roadblock. Over the past number of weeks, I've had some extreme wrist pain, specifically when practicing my instruments, writing notes and occasionally typing. I went to the doctor, who suggested that I over-stressed my wrist and that I take a week off. 

Which meant no blogging for me. 

Of course, I had to do my homework and such, but as far as long-term (blog post) like typing, that wasn't going to happen. If I want my wrist to be ready for upcomming concerts and (eventually) juries, I needed to take the week off. To be totally honest, it's been a really boring week for me. I finish my homework a few hours earlier every night (since I can do that homework during my usual practice time), and without typing or writing in general, there wasn't much else to do (other than read a book or watch television). 

And so we reach the 10th day of October and I'm no further than I was before. Overall though, I've made pretty good time. I have about 18 blog posts from earlier in the year to make up, meaning that within the span of about two months I wrote around 80 blog posts (plus the ones I was currently writing). That's impressive if I do say so myself. The only problem is that I'm really running out of general topics to discuss. No fear though...I'll come up with something. 

Either way, I figured I would just give an update and say that yes, I am still alive. My wrist is feeling better, although I'm still supposed to take it easy for a while, but I do intend to finish up these last blog posts. If I buckle down it can't take me forever, right? 

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment