Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Day 659: A Look Back

Alright, time for a (not so) funny story.

This is about the third time I've tried to write this blog post, and here's the story as to why it hasn't actually been posted before, well, now.

The first time I tried to write the blog post I had every intention of doing so. In fact, the edit screen for blogger was open for about two days on my computer, but because of a French test and rereading half my blog, that sort of got pushed to the background. It was going to be about the free stuff we randomly get at Disney, since I had a discussion with a couple of my friends at dinner the other night about that very topic. But because I try really hard to make sure that I don't specifically write two blog posts on the same thing, I had to go check to see if I had, indeed, written a previous post about free stuff at Disney. Now, technically I didn't, but everything I would have talked about had already been mentioned at least once, so that idea kind of fell through.

Especially since that led to me rereading (or at least skimming) the first 100 blog posts or so. It's funny because so much has changed since those early posts. Megan and I were both discussing it. I was 17 then, 19 now. I was in High School and now I'm well into my second year of college. Some of those posts are barely 100 words and now if there's a blog post with 100 words...no, wait. There's never a blog post with under 100 words. Not even under 500. It just doesn't happen. And people think writing 800 word papers is difficult. HA!

Anyway, I spent a good amount of time over the past couple days just sort of looking back, and it's weird to think that in only a few short months (just over two really), I'll be ending the second year of Everyday Disney and starting what I hope will be the third, and best, year yet. There's a lot planned for 2015, and I'm excited to get there...if I can ever catch up with the fact that it's 2014 and there's still a few posts to be written from June. In all honesty, if someone comes along someday and reads this blog post from 1 to whatever, I wish you luck. The middle of 2014 probably makes no sense considering the fact that some where written in June, others in August and some in October. I can hardly keep it straight.

Still, things will always keep moving forward around here, at least with a little luck. Disney is still an every day fixture in my life, and I really don't see that changing any time soon. Thank goodness, right?

Oh, I almost forgot to tell you about the second time I tried to write the blog post. In fact, the entire thing was finished, but something went wrong with my internet and I had to restart my computer...and then it didn't save anything. You'd think that with all the internet capability we have today blogger would be able to retain the information I typed in even after I clicked save, right? Oh well, that's alright. I'm pretty sure this post was way more entertaining than the last version anyway!

Have a magical day!

(Note: This blog post was written on October 23).

No comments:

Post a Comment