Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Day 646: Cedar Point

My roommates and I have drastically different majors. I mean, while they sit working on graphs for economics or some sort of DNA chart for genetics (honestly I can't remember what that was), I sit at my desk and watch plays or write music. It's actually a fairly calm life at my desk, as long as I don't have a french test coming up. What else does this mean? It means that rarely we can help one another with our homework. It just doesn't happen very often. Once and a while I'll read through a paper or something, but that's about it.

At least, that was it until two of my roommates got a project based around a theme park. Honestly I don't know much about the assignment other than the fact that Megan asked me question after question about the travel industry, especially when it comes to amusement parks.

The assignment was based around a theme park in Ohio called Cedar Point, which, according to their website, is "The Best Amusement Park in the World." Either way, this post isn't about how Cedar Point isn't as good at Disney (I haven't even been there for goodness sake...), but rather about the random questions I've been able to answer about how they can maybe make their own system better.

It started out with talk about MagicBands, which is probably one of my favorite subjects these days. MagicBands are great, and while initially I was a bit skeptical, I'm now 100% in love with them. I like to travel light at Disney, and they make that easier for me to do. Plus, it's so far ahead in technology that it sort of makes the regular tickets at other parks look sad. But maybe that's just the Disnerd in me talking.

Then we talked about a variety of other things, from hotel rooms to restaurants to attractions. It was actually a pretty fun conversation for me to have since this is such a huge part of my life. I love talking about Disney, obviously, and I love learning about the new things they're bringing along to enhance the guest experience.

Oh yeah,we talked about that too, the idea that we're guests at Disney, not customers, and how that too makes a difference in the time we spend there. Just goes to show how well Disney does just about everything, right?

Have a magical day!

(Note; This blog post was written on October 10).

No comments:

Post a Comment