Friday, October 24, 2014

Day 662: A Little...Or A Lot

It seems that my mind has one of two tracks lately. Actually, it's been working this way for quite some time now, but it's just really apparent from time to time. Either my brain is on Once Upon A Time mode or it's on Disney mode. As I said to one of my friends last night, and I know I've said it before here, it's a lot easier for my mind to be on OUAT, simply because when I make references to that, everyone understands. My friends get that because they watch the show. But with Disney, Megan is the only one who will understand...if she does since there's still a lot she hasn't seen. After all, today I taught her about surrey bikes at the Disney Resorts. That was a fun conversation.

Anyway, today is a Disney sort of day for sure. I'm listening to my Disney parks music while working on this blog post before I head home this afternoon, and this is due to various reasons. I woke up a bit later than I usually do this morning, as did my roommate Ashley, so we were in our usual hurry to get to class, only with a quicker pace than normal. It means that I didn't really have a ton of time to think about much of anything this morning. I normally go through my twitter and Instagram feeds when I get up and I didn't do any of that, so my brain was kind of on a foundational level: get to class and fake some French.

But in French class, our TA, Victor, shared a video with us. We're just starting a new chapter that includes words to describe relationships and relatives and such, so the picture at the beginning of the chapter is of a wedding. Victor asked if he could show us a video (and we didn't argue), which I believe was of his brother's wedding. Don't quote me on that though. Regardless, he was in it too for a second and it was just a really great video. The point was that it reminded me of another wedding...a particular one that I've seen more times than I can probably count. Yep, the wedding scene in Impressions de France, because really this is French class so of course that's where my brain is going.

Then I had a relatively normal music history class, and afterwards I finally actually checked my Twitter and Instagram, only to find quite the interesting rumor: The Legend of Jack Sparrow could be closing as early as next week, and there's a significant rumor that the Sorcerer's Hat at DHS will be demolished in January 2015...right after my trip.

To be completely honest, I've never been a fan of the hat. I mean, yeah it was nice during the 100 Year Celebration and everything. It fit then, sort of. But since then I've just gotten incredibly angry about the fact that it's still bloody there, and with a stage in front of it none the less (although even that stage has disappeared recently...or so I've heard). So yeah, on a serious level I'm pretty darn happy about the possibility of the hat finally leaving and allowing the Chinese Theater to be restored to it's former glory.

But what scares me is how everything is just sort of happening at once. The hat has become such a fixture of Hollywood Studios, and while I may not like it, at the same time I kind of do. It's all I can really remember (especially since most of my youngest memories come from Epcot, not DHS...or rather, MGM). There's been a lot of change going on at Disney World lately and I love that. It's moving forward, and that's what this is all about, but it's still kind of frustrating. I've had a series of shorter trips and hardly feel like I'm able to see everything I want to see (to be completely honest, I think this is stemming from my lack of time to do anything on my last trip...January will be better), and meanwhile everything changes at the speed of light before I have a second to appreciate it.

If you're not confused after reading what I just wrote, good for you, because I'm so confused about how this makes me feel that I don't even know how to comprehend any of it. Am I happy the hat might be leaving? Yeah. Am I sad the hat might be leaving? Yeah. Am I excited for the future of DHS? Yeah. Am I terrified they're going to screw something up? Yeah. I'm confused about all of it and just do not know how to feel at this rate.

So much to see, never enough time and now it's all changing before some of my friends really have a chance to experience it. All I'm asking for is for things to stay the same until after January. Seriously. But at the same time...go ahead and change things Disney! The hat overstayed it's welcome about ten years ago.

Gosh I am such an indecisive person.

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment