Sunday, October 25, 2015

Day 1028: Still Not Over It

I don't think one blog post is quite enough to describe just how amazing it was to attend the Twin Cities Film Fest. As I said in my video, a lot of what happened is something I want to kind of keep to myself, just to savor that memory forever. There are, however, a few things that I'd love to share! Like extra pictures! 


You know, the life of this college student is pretty weird. I may not be super famous...but going from volunteer work in the morning to a movie premiere and a red carpet at night was pretty awesome. And you know what, I've done a lot of thinking since TCFF, and the more I've thought about it, the more I realize that I really fit in there. I felt kind of like I was with my people, and I'd be more than happy to spend the rest of my days at events like that. Maybe someday. 


We were pretty packed into my car for the drive to the Twin Cities, which, according to pretty much everyone, was impressive for us to do. But then again, I have a bunch of friends in the OUAT fandom, and I sort of felt like it was my turn. I had an obligation to go and support Colin in this film. The fact that he said thank you to ME when we talked on the phone pretty much made everything worth it. Correction, him watching my periscope made it worth it (because yes, that happened too). 


Pictures that showcase we did indeed make it to our hotel. The entirety of the time before the movie I was basically alternating between pacing, shaking, and freaking out completely. At that point we had no idea if Colin might be there, so here I was, completely oblivious to the fact that in just a few short hours, I would talk to Colin on the phone. 


A trip wouldn't be complete without a stop at an Irish pub...which may or may not have given us some extra luck on the trip. Regardless, the food was great, and since it was right at our hotel, we didn't even have to travel too far! 


You'll hear more about my outfit for the night in a blog post later, but now that I stop and look at it...wow, you guys were all right. I really like my shoes. Haha, regardless, look at how great my roommates and I all look on that red carpet! 


A lead actor like Colin has to have a lead actress to make the film complete, right? Meet Kristin, the lead actress of The Dust Storm. She was AMAZING in the film, and such a wonderful person to be around. Gosh...a few months ago I was fawning over the trailer for the film and here I am, standing right next to one of the lead characters! BRILLIANT I TELL YOU, BRILLIANT! 



Oh yes, I may have forgotten to mention that for one night, we became the college students who went to a club...for a film festival after party. Oh, and while at that party, we could basically have been considered famous. Talk of the night? That's the only way I roll. 


And there you have it, a bit more of an inside look at my trip to the Twin Cities to see The Dust Storm. I honestly have to say that I owe a lot of it to my roommates, who, for some reason I'll never quite understand, were totally on board with driving four and a half hours to see my favorite actor in a film they'd pretty much never heard of. So huge props to them. 

Oh...and just in case you didn't believe me about periscope...


Have a magical day! 


(Note: This blog post was written on December 1...because college).

No comments:

Post a Comment