Friday, April 4, 2014

Day 459: On the Road

My family tends to travel a lot. That may have already been obvious by the simple fact of how often I've been to Walt Disney World, but either way we do like to go to places closer to home too. My Godfather actually lives in Chicago, which is about a four hour drive from us, and we've visited him a ton of times throughout my life. A little closer, about two and a half hours away, is Milwaukee, where we love to go to the museums and such. We've been other places too, all over the state, and sometimes out of Wisconsin.

So it should be no surprise to you that we have a distinct few songs we tend to listen to on these long drives. In fact, when we drove down to Milwaukee to catch our flight to Orlando a few weeks ago, we had a similar playlist of songs...all of which were Disney of course. I figured I would share a couple of my personal favorites.

Once Upon A Time


Now, I only put this on the list because it tends to be what I listen to when everyone else is asleep. I LOVE to listen to music while I'm driving, even if it's just really quietly in the background. And since I have the music of both Season 1 and 2 on my phone, I might as well use it! Actually, considering that lately it's become my reading playlist too, I think I got my money's worth out of it. The music by Mark Isham is beautiful, and in case you were wondering, my favorite tracks are as follow: Cinderella (S1), The Road to True Love (S1), The Clock Moves (S1 - This is my absolute favorite!), True Love (S2),We Are Both (S2), The Duelists (S2), Tallahassee (S2), and The Adventure Begins (S2).

The Muppets


It seems to me that one of my Brother's favorite CDs is the soundtrack from The Muppets. I'm talking the newer Muppets movie from a few years ago. Granted, with the awesome songs in that movie how could you not love it? Although I do get a little irritated when he continuously plays "The Answer is No" over and over and over and over and over....

Star Wars


Or any John Williams music really. Indy most certainly falls into this category too. I think our favorite time to play any Star Wars song is when we're driving on this one road near home, and if we time it just right and we're in The Falcon (that's my car, remember?), then it's basically like I'm Han Solo because my brother will be playing "The Asteroid Field" which is what I call "Han Solo is the best Pilot ever" song. It's a good time, and did we escape the Empire? You bet we did.

Disney/Pixar Greatest


My brother also likes to play this game (have you figured out who's generally in charge of the music yet?) where we have to guess what movie the song is from, and his favorite CD to do this with is the Disney/Pixar Greatest CD. It has tracks from most of the Pixar movies (obviously not the newest ones) and he'll just go through them and be like "WHAT MOVIE!?!" and then we have to figure it out and he gets angry when we get it wrong. Although at this point we've played it so many times it's hard to get it wrong.

Disney In General


When we did drive down to Chicago this weekend, we happened to listen to a playlist of Disney. I have it for when I'm at home doing chores or something and feel like singing. So I'll put it on and it has the classic Disney songs on it. Ok, not all of them, but a bunch of them, and I'll just go around the house singing these songs while I work. They have always said that it goes faster when you're having fun, right?

In the end, I guess it kind of changes depending on where we're going, but overall I think the general theme for us is Disney music. But really, that shouldn't surprise you at this point. I do write a blog about Disney in my everyday life, don't I?

Have a magical day!

(Note: This blog post was written on April 8 due to Travel).

No comments:

Post a Comment