Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Day 477: Disney Blogs

Not very often do I find myself having to make up a hundred days in blog posts, and generally I can find topics for the vast majority of the days I must make up. But I must admit, at the moment I'm facing an incredible number of days I still must make up, and while I have a bunch of ideas still in reserve, it's sort of scaring me how much I have left to make up. Like I'll look at a selection of days that's about 15-20 posts done from the summer and rejoice before scrolling up and finding another 50 that are left to do.

It's a work in progress.

But along this journey, I realized something. In my search for new ideas for blog posts, I did something new today that I've never really done before: I typed in a google search of "Disney Blog Ideas." It didn't come up with much, but it did inspire this blog post!

What happened to come up were some articles on "Must Read Disney Blogs" and so on and so forth, and as I went through the lists, since I love following new Disney blogs all the time, just to keep up on my Disney news, or at least when I have internet, I found something interesting.

I write a daily blog about Disney, and as I mention often, it's easy to get behind. That's a LOT of writing, and in the process of this blog I've probably written more than one book worth, but it'll make for just that, an interesting book someday. But what you so often see with blogs is they do give up. So as you click on the links to the different Disney fan blogs, you'll see ones that haven't been updated since 2011 or 2012 or even a number of months ago, and that just sort of makes me sad.

At the same time though, it inspires me. Back at the beginning of the year, or the end of last year really, when I was deciding whether or not to continue this blog, I mentioned that I couldn't really think of my life without it, and that still rings true. Despite the fact that I have an obnoxious amount of days left from this summer to make up thanks to my lovely internet, I CAN talk for days about Disney, long and short posts (ok, mostly long) alike. And why is it so important to me that I catch this thing up? Because I set out to do something there. I want to talk about Disney every day of my life, for the rest of my life, and while I highly doubt I'll reach Day 5000 or 10000, it's still a point. I don't want to be that blog that just randomly stopped for no good reason, and that's almost how I've been operating lately. It's why every time I actually have internet I make an effort to write a post, because it shows people that I am still here, and I really am trying. There's so much going on and everything, and as I continuously say, my internet is bloody annoying, but I'm not giving up now.

So I guess what I'm trying to say here is that I wish more people would write their blogs, and continue them. I know how hard it is. I tried about four or five times to start a blog before I landed on this one and it stuck, but don't give up. We're a giant community, and eventually we're all going to be found and we can help one another, right?

Speaking of which, I should probably update all my social media and share these blog posts!

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on August 8). 

No comments:

Post a Comment