Sunday, April 27, 2014

Day 482: Lots of Character

Day 2 of the Disney Photo Challenge: A Picture of the character you're most like. 


Blast from the Past: 




I would say that I'm most like Rapunzel from Tangled. No, I don't have long blonde hair with magical powers, and I don't live in a tower either. But I do know that there's a part of me that can't wait for my life to start...in the aspect of going on my own journey, making my own path, and hopefully making a difference in the world, or at least in my community. Although at the same time, I'm hesitant to leave home. I don't want to disappoint my family and luckily, my family doesn't consist of an evil witch for a mother. Still though, I wonder if I will be able to go out and make that difference in the world, or if it might be better for me to "stay-in." Rapunzel did leave her tower though, and someday I will leave the safety of my own home as well...and that's when my life will begin. 

Back to the Future: 



I'm not going to lie, this one is pretty hard.

For sure, there's still a good part of me that's like Rapunzel. Very, VERY much so. I really have a feeling of being locked up in my tower a lot, especially with this summer and all the work I do. But at the same time, I've faced a lot of challenges in the past two years that I hadn't come across yet when I first did this challenge.

Which makes it especially hard for me to pick a character. Recently I think, going into the expanded Disney universe here, I've really connected with Emma Swan from Once Upon A Time. My background is vastly different, but there are many times that I'll watch the show and feel this insane connection to her, and it's not just because of my love of Jennifer Morrison. Like, I have walls up, and very few people have been able to break those down. And at the end of Season 3, I can definitely relate to trying to do the right thing and having it blow up in your face. And then there's the fact that my wardrobe is basically Emma's closet...which honestly gets weirder by the day.

So I'd have to say either sticking with Rapunzel, but with a side of Emma Swan. Now...if only I could figure out where my Pirate is...

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on August 19).

No comments:

Post a Comment