Friday, April 10, 2015

Day 830: Study Away

Studying, studying and more studying. That's the life of a college student, although I feel like it may be closer to working, working and more working. Either way you get the point: College students are busy and often times it includes long hours sitting in front of a textbook, computer or, goodness gracious me, a chalkbaord (yes they do still exist...at least here at my college they do). It leaves the question, however: How do you make it through the long days? For instance, today, while I have other things going on and a break here and there, I definitely have had six blog posts to write, I've got French to study and I need to start a music analysis project. How am I going to get through all of it, besides the use of coffee and copious amounts of CaptainSwan tea? 

The answer? Disney Music. 

I listen to a wide variety of music when studying, as you very well know. It changes by day, but there's one playlist that I go back to time and time again when I really need to focus, with the addition of one other song that I'll tack on the end because it's sort of important based on the homework I'm currently doing. I do believe that everything on this list is music from one of the Disney Parks, and I love all of it, which makes it easy to focus and keep my spirits up while working. 


Another great playlist? The Once Upon A Time soundtracks. I'm pretty pumped about the fact that Mark Isham has announced that there will be a new soundtrack for Season 4, so I'm ready for that to come out sometime this year! Meanwhile I'll spend my days listening to Seasons 1 and 2, although I have to note that it gets a little distracting from time to time. Or maybe it's just me and the urge to start sword fighting during Hook's theme in The Duelists. 

And finally, I'm really into the Festival of Fantasy music lately. I'm pretty sure I listened to it at least four or five times today. I have a problem. Then again, I may be trying to learn the words, so maybe it's not such a great soundtrack to listen to while studying. On the bright side, as I mentioned a while back in a blog post, it does feature Rondo from Mozart's Night Music, which just so happens to be my chosen piece for my music analysis project due at the end of the semester. So listening to it has it's benefits, right? 

What do you listen to while studying, whether or not your in college! 

Have a magical day!



No comments:

Post a Comment