Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Day 835: Addicted

Once and a while I get lost in whether or not I've actually had a real blog post on something before, as I try to keep them all as different as possible, and this is certainly one of those times. But as I studied for my French test, among other things, over the past few days, one song has been present more than ever...or should I say a melody of songs? 

If you remember back to when I talked about Eine Kleine Nachtmusik (found HERE) and it's presence in the Festival of Fantasy Parade, you'll know that part of the melody that makes up the spectacular soundtrack is indeed Mozart. For our music theory class, we are required to do a music analysis of a piece of music from that same era, so of course I picked the Rondo of Nachtmusik because, really, listen to something that reminds me of Festival of Fantasy all day? Yes please. It also gives me license to listen to Festival of Fantasy over and over again, right? 

To tell you the truth, I'm absolutely IN LOVE with this parade. I've mentioned it here and there, but I honestly don't think I've expressed my pure adoration of Festival of Fantasy. I've never really been a parade kind of person, but I know that it's on my schedule for June already at least once, and we'll see if I can sneak in a second showing. That's how much I love Festival of Fantasy. Also, I'm not joking when I say I have Festival of Fantasy on repeat...I really do. 

So I figured I'd go through and share some of my favorite Festival of Fantasy photos from my family! They're taken over several trips and you can click on them to enlarge them to their normal size! 











My personal favorite section of the parade? Peter Pan of course! There's just something about the "Yo-ho!" that's thrown in there that I just love. In fact, every time that portion comes on in the recording, I end up stopping my work so I can sing along and do this little dance. Let's be hones though, it's probably because of the Lost Boys. Their Newsies style is one of the best parts, in my opinion, at least...next to the real fire breathing dragon. You can't beat that! 

If you've seen Festival of Fantasy, what's your favorite part of the parade? Is it the Peter Pan section like me? Do you prefer the fire of the dragon? Or is there another part that jumps out at you with beauty and majesty, shining magically? Let me know in the comments below or on social media!

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment