Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Day 891: Mr. Gold and His Pawnshop

Like I alway say, one of my favorite things about Walt Disney World is how there's always something new to see...and this time the new thing was beyond my hopes and dreams. This trip I didn't just go to Walt Disney World...I went to STORYBROOKE!


That's right! The newest storefront on the Streets of America is none other than Mr. Gold's Pawnshop, and the windows are filled to the brim with props from my favorite television show! Disneyland has had some costumes for a while, and believe it or not, these are actually the very first OUAT Props I've seen in person, so thrilled can't even begin to express how happy I was. And when I say filled to the brim, I mean really filled. I stopped by the shop three times in my short five day trip and every time I found something new! In fact, I was just reading an article this morning with some of the props and found ANOTHER that I didn't even notice during my own trip! 


The most obvious props are these two right here: the Storybook and Rumpelstiltskin's Dagger. Now, if I had a dime for every time I heard someone say "IT'S GOT THE WRONG NAME!" I could pay to fly myself out to Brazil this weekend to meet Colin O'Donoghue myself. Then again...they're right! It is wrong, as the dagger now reads "Emma Swan." However, it was great spending time over there and finding my fellow Oncers as they stopped by too. I don't think you realize how many people actually watch this show until you spend 5 minutes in front of some props and about 15 people stop by to fangirl. 



Of course, there are other famous items scattered through, and I'm sharing these nice pictures first before I get into my snapstory, which was taken at the entirely wrong time of day thanks to glares. I'm hoping it will still be there on my next trip so I can stop by again and get pictures of as many as possible though! Above you can see some of the potions, which I do believe we can see in Regina's Vault (3x09: Save Henry) and the famous Rumbelle teacups and the golden dragon egg from the Season 1 finale. 


Here we have another of the most prominent props, Pandora's Box. I'm in love with this picture my dad took of it, so it has it's own mention. If you don't remember this little box, you can find it in Season 3! 


Just as in Storybrooke, the storefront sign also hangs out over the sidewalk! 


Some of Regina's items can be found in the case. The book (which I believe is actually Cora's to begin with) is up a bit higher, and the necklace is on display with several other pieces of jewlery. 


Ursula's crown can also be found in the second window...at least I'm fairly certain it's Ursula's crown. You better bet I'll be keeping an eye out for all of these props during my yearly rewatch of the entire series, which leads up to the Season 5 premiere on September 27! 


There were also various props in the case that weren't necessarily something crucial to the show, but definitely somewhere hidden within the pages of the Storybook. Here are some wands, which I'm sure you'll be able to find sitting in Gold's shop on the show. Other items like this included instruments and paintings!


Of course, I had a few favorite items, especially as a CaptainSwan fan, a Hooker and an Ugly Duckling, like the real swan necklace that Emma wears throughout the series! You can also see one of the famous apple keys!


The window decals definitely match those on the show...and I don't think I've ever loved a window so much in my entire life. As you can see below, I created a snapstory to quickly share some of the props with friends back home! I had a couple of people tell me they watched my story at least two or three times, gazing at the items I had found in the shop!


Again, you can see the Swan Necklace, but if you look closer in that first picture there are actually two OTHER props! To the right of the Swan necklace is Zelena's pendant and way in the back you can just make out the Heros and Villains book from the Season 4 finale! On the right we have Snow White's ring as well, one of the props I found on my last visit to the pawnshop!


On the left here we have a clock made by Pinocchio and his father in Season 4 (at least I'm pretty sure it is. I remember it, and it makes the most sense considering the colors), but on the right we have my second favorite prop in the case...THE JOLLY ROGER! For those of you who are still up to date on the show, you might recognize that little ship in a bottle from Season 4, specifically episode 4x15: Pour Unfortunate Soul, where Killian Jones finally sees the return of his ship. 


Here's something for all my Rumbelle fans out there: The Chipped Cup! He's hiding behind the wands, but those with a keen eye and a bit of Disney/Once knowledge will spot it right away. And on the right you might remember the sword (which is sort of hard to see) from the Season 1 finale, as Emma uses it to defeat Maleficent!


Here, on the right you can catch a glimpse at Maleficent's Staff, and last but certainly not least, we have my favorite prop in the storefront. There's a little window on the side too with a few props, including the stand in Sorcerer's hat from Season 4. Why do I love this hat so much you ask? Well...let's just say someone very important may have held onto that for a while........*ahem*


As you can see, Gold's Pawnshop is FILLED with various props, and let me tell you...this isn't even all of it! Things I can name off the top of my head that I didn't catch a picture of include: Steins from the 7 Dwarfs, a couple of Dwarf Picaxes, the Wrait Medallion, some compasses (I'm still undtertermined as to if one of them is the CS Compass) and one of Regina's Heart Boxes. I like to pretend it belonged to Graham's heart, but maybe that's just me. And that's just what I noticed in about a half hour of looking in the case. Oh! And the Nolan Windmill from Season 1! That was there too! 


Oh don't worry Storybrooke...I'll be back for you as soon as possible. 

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on June 23 due to travel).


No comments:

Post a Comment