Sunday, June 21, 2015

Day 902: Tomorrowland Round Two

If you thought it was impressive that I saw Tomorrowland on opening day, think about how impressive it is that I saw it in theaters not once, but twice? I barely see most films the one time, much less a second. However, this time I saw it with my family rather than my friends, and I had a few thoughts on it this round through.

If you missed my first review of Tomorrowland, you can find it HERE

Like I said last time, I really feel like this film grows on me a little more every day. Luckily, this time I focused more on the details, leading to some interesting finds, especially in that Fan Shop she goes to. That's all I'll say about that though because #NoSpoilers. Just be sure to keep your eyes peeled for any one of probably hundreds of references in that one scene alone. 

But when it comes to the overall point of the film, the entire film made much more sense the second time through, and I think I did enjoy it more seeing it again than I did the first time. It made things a lot easier to follow, and the actions of perticular characters fit in more compared to the first time around. Going back to my first review, that means you can take out my dislike of the confusion, as once I knew what was going on, everything fit together perfectly and made the end even more meaningful than it was the first time. 

I do have to mention though that my friends and I have been making references to Tomorrowland for weeks after seeing the film. We don't necessarily talk about it directly, but we'll say something about the Eiffel Tower and all laugh while meanwhile my brother would look on in confusion.

Other things I loved about Tomorrowland seeing it a second time? The soundtrack stood out to me even more this time, as did the point at the end. I'm definitely still appreciative of the idea that we all can provide something to the future of our world regardless of the profession we choose to take on. The future needs all of us, whether we be a science, music or business major, and that's something that, especially as a college student, I feel we all need to remember. 

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on June 25 due to Travel).

No comments:

Post a Comment