Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Day 905: Under the Stars

Summer is the perfect time to do things you normally wouldn't do, and sleeping under the stars the other night certainly was a spontaneous but memorable sort of thing. Apparently, my brother decided that our house, which is surrounded by a good portion of land that includes plenty of field, needed a fire pit. Why, I'm not really sure, but I have a good feeling it had a lot to do with the fact that all of his friends had fire pits in their yards. So he made one, and now my house apparently has a fire pit.

And all fire pits apparently need test runs.

Frank and I joined Jonny outside to see if we could find the Northern Lights, which never actually appeared and was sort of a let down, but by the time midnight rolled around, moving everything inside sounded a lot harder than just bringing some sleeping bags outside and spending the night under the stars. What a way to kick off summer, right?

Now, sleeping under the stars certainly brought me a few Disney thoughts, especially when it comes to the six or so shooting stars I saw, promptly making wishes on each of them. But there was one Disney moment that I thought of specifically...



Then again, how can you not lay under a sky full of stars and not think of The Lion King? Gosh...now I just want to watch the entire movie! I'd better continue pushing forward with my movie rewatch if I want to get there before the summer ends! 

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on June 25 due to travel).

No comments:

Post a Comment