Saturday, June 27, 2015

Day 908: Chocolate

As you may have noticed if you checked out my "When Did It Start For You?" video, you may have noticed some of the older pictures I included from my childhood. I actaully had several of them scanned a while back, but when I decided to do this video, I knew I needed to find some specifically from the Millennium Celebration. So I hit the books, and by books I mean photo albums.

I did manage to find plenty of pictures from my childhood. For example...



Mickey and Minnie and a throwback to my early days of chillin' on the balcony of a room at Old Key West. DVC for life. 

ANYWAY, while I searched through these various photo albums, I also came across one VERY important picture: my chocolate Spaceship Earth. 



Now, if you don't believe that my love of Spaceship Earth goes back as long as I can remember, here's a story for you. This little picture was taken somewhere around 2000, the year I would have turned 5. By that point, I already loved Spaceship Earth so much that when this was served to us at a restaurant, I knew I needed to take it home. Mom definitely knows the story better than I do...after I, I was like 4 or 5, but somehow they got the little guy home. My little chocolate Spaceship Earth sat on our kitchen counter for weeks probably until it started to turn a not so chocolatey-brown color and my parents finally had to convince me to let it go. I still miss it sometimes. Actually, I'll probably print out a copy of this picture and frame it for my Spaceship Earth collection. It's a valuable addition to my growing shelf of Spaceship Earth. 

Do you remember getting one of these little chocolate Spaceship Earth's back in the day? Let me know if you too remember these in the comments below!

Have a magical day!






No comments:

Post a Comment