Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Day 904: Different Sides of Me

I had a thought this past week while randomly staring at my own Tumblr on my iPad. To be honest, I don't remember what I was there to look at, but I noticed my profile picture and it kind of set a snowball rolling in my mind. Then yesterday (when I'm writing this) I put together a free photobook from Shutterfly that includes memories from my first two years of college and on the cover, instead of doing random pictures, I did my profile pictures from between 2013 until now, which got me thinking about profile pictures and what they might mean. After all, some of my profile pictures are definitely inspired by Disney, such as my Facebook picture, which only changes with my Disney vacations. But others, such as the one on Tumblr that started this idea, showcase my love of Once Upon A Time and so on and so forth. After all, profile pictures are really just a little glimpse of us, and it's definitely a part of showcasing my Disney Side, so I figured we'd take a look at some of my profile pictures, past and present!


Before we get into my current pictures, we'll start with this one, which happens to be the profile picture that inspired my tradition on Facebook. The savvy Disney World fan will recognize this as the Singing in the Rain umbrella on the Backlot of Hollywood Studios, and it made the perfect companion to my Cover Photo of my hand on Harrison Ford's handprint. 



I've also met my fair share of awesome people, many of which have made apperances in my profile pictures across social media. There was the time I met Max outside of Epcot in March of 2014, still one of my favorite Disney memories. Or the amazing cast member who loved our Disney Trip shirts I met during the band trip in June of 2014. That profile picture also holds a special place in my heart as I see it almost everyday, despite the fact that my Twitter picture has changed several times since then. It happens to be the profile picture I used when Colin O'Donoghue tweeted me happy birthday last July, so it's forever importilized in my screenshot of that moment! And of course, up until very recently, Alton Brown was in both my Instagram and Twitter profile pictures!


One of my favorite profile pictures stayed on my Facebook from June of 2014 until January of 2015. My experience with Disney Performing Arts was an amazing one, and I wouldn't trade anything in the world for it. As I'll talk about in a blog post soon, my experience marching down Main Street U.S.A. is still with me every single day, and this was definitely one of the hardest profile pictures to let go of.



My most recent profile picture on Facebook was this one, which I finally decided on after a long and hard debate. It was taken on the last day of my trip to Walt Disney World in January and I'm reminded of it every time I see my Monsters University hat! 


Which brings us to the present. This profile picture has a home on my official Google+ and YouTube account, which also doubles as the official account here on Everyday Disney. I debated changing it, as it was taken back in March of 2014, but I decided against it as it continues to remind me of the inspiration Walt Disney has provided and will continue to provide in years to come. 


Second oldest is this guy, AKA the profile picture on Tumblr that started this whole mess. As often as I take nice posed pictures, candids are actually my favorite, and Katie snapped this one during my weekly DisneyBound pictures for Once Upon A Time. My Modern Hook DisneyBound is one of my favorites, and just the other day Frank and I decided that if I ever meet Colin O'Donoghue, this has to be what I'm wearing...assuming I meet him at a time I still fit into those Hook pants. 



And finally we have the trio of newest photos from my trip this June to Walt Disney World. The top is found on my personal Facebook page, fitting right in with a picture of the OUAT Book and Dagger found on the Streets of America in Mr. Gold's pawnshop. The bottom left is on my Instagram, showcasing my love of Disney and Starbucks for all of my new followers to see. And finally, on the bottom right we have a great photo of Morris Mulch and I. You can probably expect all three of these to stick around...at least until Disneyland in August. 

Like I said, profile pictures are sort of strange, but I think they're one of the most unique and creative way to showcase different sides of you, including your very own Disney Side. Of course, even your Disney Side can have different sides, such as my love of Star Wars, Once Upon A Time or even Starbucks and DisneyBounding. It's all about what you love, and the internet gives us a great place to share it. 

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on June 25 due to travel).

No comments:

Post a Comment