Monday, November 2, 2015

Day 1036: A Lot of Thinking

After coming up with almost 60 blog post topics in the past few days, I was left with this one, lone, blog post that I had no idea what to write about. I've gone through Tumblr and Pinterest and Facebook and Twitter, Throwback Thursdays, Pictures, Instagram, and basically my entire room at college with no luck. It turns out, nothing of any interest happened on this day, and considering the fact that I'm a busy college student, that assumption probably isn't all that far off.

But then I realized that I should probably give an explanation as to why many of these blog posts have a note at the bottom that says the post was written on a different day, and honestly, you can find a ton of those notes throughout the years of this blog. We're all busy people in this world, and things get behind, especially when your blog is important enough to keep up with, but not important enough to come first on your totem poll of things to do.

It does matter, however, and by the end of the year, I get really antsy about making sure there's a little 365 next to the year when I'm finished, although I suppose 2016 will be a bit different. Plus, I think the fact that we're still here after almost three years proves that there's enough Disney to go around for everyone every single day...it's just a matter of figuring out what those things are and then documenting them.

The hard part is definitely trying to keep things different, and while, on occasion, I'll come up with something entirely new that somehow popped up in my life at the most random of times, more often than not, the Disney in my daily life amounts to nothing more beyond the mug on my shelf and the wish to head on Spaceship Earth (or do anything at Disney World) instead of homework. That's not, however, the point. What we do here at Everyday Disney is celebrate the ways Disney pops up in life, whether it's an everyday occurrence or something that just happened randomly once. It's about celebrating the Disney that surrounds us all the time, whether we're in the parks, watching a Disney movie, or sitting in a class about Music Theory. Somehow, Disney connects it all together, and I'm still amazed at it, no matter how many days I have to sit at my computer to catch up when school put me behind on everything, the blog included.

My point here is this: even if I don't know how Disney was a part of my life on November 2, 2015, I do know it was there somehow, and that's why having the little 365 at the end of the year is so important...because it was there, and that's reason enough to celebrate.

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on December 31).

No comments:

Post a Comment