Monday, November 16, 2015

Day 1050: For the (New) Record

Almost two years ago my family pulled out some old records and started listening to them, and now, while going through boxes from my Grandma's house, we came across a few others. You can head back and read about the original records HERE, but it's always fun finding new (or old really) records to listen to!

Now, I didn't really take pictures of all the records I found, but I did find several Disney ones that I'm thrilled to listen to as soon as possible, including this Alice in Wonderland record! I know that there was something with Mary Poppins and a few other childrens records stuck in there that were associated with Disney, but it got me thinking!


The way we listen to music today is so different from the way things used to be. Now all we have to do is turn on our computer (or our iPhone, iPad, Car Radio, even watch sometimes) and we have music right at our fingertips. I can head over to spotify and listen to the same music right now if I want to, but that's part of the fun of a record like this! This is a real historical artifact. Yes, I could go and find the same music, but with this I'd literally be listening to a piece of history, kind of like how when we visit the Disney parks and head on a classic attraction we're doing pretty much the same thing! After all, if you've never walked the streets of Disneyland while thinking about Walt Disney, you have yet to live! It's one of the most amazing feelings, knowing that you're walking historical ground, and the same ground that Walt once walked many years ago. It's something to cherish for sure!

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on December 26).

No comments:

Post a Comment