Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Day 1051: Hospitality

Do you ever have those phrases or words that just automatically bring you back to Disney? Like if someone says pineapple maybe you think of a dole whip, Aerosmith takes you to Rock'n Roller Coaster, and discussions about The Twilight Zone end in Tower of Terror. For me, there's any number of these kinds of things, but a few in particular are worse than others.

In one of my classes this semester we talked a lot about hospitality, and after a while I realized that every time I came across that word, whether it was in a reading assignment, test, or class discussion, I ended up adding "house" to the end of it, so instead it would be "hospitality house." For those that don't know Disney (and even those who don't know Old Key West), this probably makes no sense, but for a girl who considers OKW her home, Hospitality House is the only thing that comes across. In fact, all of OKW is about hospitality (as are most Disney resorts), and that's one of the things I love most about it.

There's something about the atmosphere at Old Key West that's just calming, and you can frequently find me there even when I stay at a different resort. In fact, there's not a trip I can remember that I didn't return to OKW at some point, even if it was just to transfer to a different park or Disney Springs (because sometimes taking the first bus you see can help a lot).

And so, somehow, any time someone says "hospitality," I think of Old Key West and suddenly get a bit calmer. Kind of like when someone mentions the printing press and I start thinking about Spaceship Earth. I wonder how many other "trigger words" I have for thinking about Disney?

Do you have any? Let me know in the comments below!

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on December 26).

No comments:

Post a Comment