Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Day 1038: John Henry

I usually come across things like this first, but when the Disney Shorts Film came out on Netflix, it seems that some of my friends had a chance to watch it before I did (although I have seen many of the shorts and there are still, to this day, a couple I haven't had the chance to check out). One of the these films was "John Henry," which my friend Jessica really related to. Of course, I knew I had to check it out, and I was delighted by what I found. This little short, released originally in 2000, is super entertaining and has a great message, just like some of my other favorite Disney shorts!


What are some of my other favorite Disney short films? Certainly Paperman, which was released a few years ago and has quickly become a favorite of many people. I've certainly seen quite a few DisneyBounds and Halloween Costumes that depict the couple in this short, but needless to say, it's quickly become a standard in the Disney Short Film Collection. 


I came across The Little Matchgirl a couple of years ago when I was taking Classic and Contemporary Fairy Tales, and I believe I even blogged about it back then, but I do believe it's worth sharing again! This short tale is a sad one, but I love how closely they stick to the original plotline, and it's almost depressing that it wasn't featured in a third Fantasia film the way it was created for. 


Easily one of my all time favorites though, Johnny Appleseed is one that sticks with all of us, especially as we all make similar attempts to do the best work we can and the right thing. Need a refresher? Watch the whole short below! 


Share some of your favorite Disney shorts in the comments below! 

Have a magical day! 


(Note: This blog post was written on December 30).

No comments:

Post a Comment