Sunday, November 22, 2015

Day 1056: Tickets Secured

When Star Wars tickets originally went on sale and the Fandango website crashed, I was indeed one of those unlucky people who wasn't able to score tickets. I did, however, happen to randomly check a few weeks later and happened to find opening night tickets...in 3D...in recliners. So yes, Star Wars tickets have been secured like the plans to the Death Star.

I do find it sort of humorous though, the fact that a midnight premiere doesn't really exist. A number of years back I wasn't a part of any fandom that I would consider sitting out in the cold for just to see the movie as soon as possible. I liked Harry Potter of course, but I was more of the person who'd go and see it weeks later, after the rest of the crowds calmed down. And yet here I am, with tickets for opening night of Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens.

And now tickets are easier to get than ever too. All you have to do is head online and, with the recliners at my local theater, you can even reserve specific seats. Then all you have to do is pick up your tickets from the box office and head in. No hassle required!

Does this mean that I'll probably end up seeing Star Wars more times than I can count over the next few months? Probably. But does it make me feel like Kermit in the following GIF? Absolutely.



I'M GOING TO SEE STAR WARS EVERYONE! LET'S AWAKEN THE FORCE!

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was published on December 26).

No comments:

Post a Comment