Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Day 1045: Hungry

Oddly enough, as I write this I'm hardly hungry at all, considering the fact that I just ate my lunch, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't go for a dole whip (or two). The truth is, when we leave Disney, there are few things we miss as much as the food we eat there. From the Cobb Salad at the Brown Derby to Churros, Disney food is something special, and as I grow closer to my trip, I find myself craving only Disney foods. What are those foods you ask? Well, lucky for you, I have a list!

1. Dole Whips


Plain and simple, this one ranks in at number one, because Dole Whips are such a Disney thing and I could literally live on them for the rest of my days. I have the feeling that many of my fellow Disney fans will agree, as it's commonly cited as one of the most loved Disney treats, regardless of which coast you're on!


2. School Bread


This is actually the thing that inspired this post, as the other day I had such a want for some school bread after a friend tweeted about eating some. Now I'm counting down the days until it's in my hands again, and gosh that day can't come fast enough.


3. Cobb Salad


I mentioned this salad from The Brown Derby at Disney's Hollywood Studios a moment ago, but just a mention doesn't do it justice. I had it last when I was down in Florida in June, and I realized what I'd been missing out on. Needless to say, I made sure we were taking a trip to Brown Derby just so I can eat this salad in January. Wow...I'm excited about a salad guys.

4. Churros


You can't go to a Disney park and not want a churro these days. What used to be a Disneyland treat has spread to both coasts, and now you can find multiple flavors out in California in addition to the classic flavor that's now made it's way to Disney World.

5. Turkey Legs


I'm not always up for a turkey leg, mostly because it's just too big for me to eat all on my own (my brother, on the other hand...). Still though, the turkey leg is such a classic Disney food that I always sort of wish was on my plate, especially during the holiday season. I mean really, how awesome would it be to have Disney Smoked Turkey Legs for Thanksgiving dinner instead of a whole turkey. I'd be perfectly fine with that.

6. Matterhorn Macaroon


I may be going to Disney World, but that doesn't mean I don't miss the Matterhorn Macaroons that are out at Disney World. I don't know what that little bundle of heaven was, and honestly I don't think I care all that much because it was delicious.

Now, do you think there's a way to get this all delivered to my house?

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on December 30).


No comments:

Post a Comment