Saturday, November 14, 2015

Day 1048: Spotify

I listen to music day and night. Literally, it's hard to come up with a time when music isn't involved other than when I'm actually sitting in class, and even then things seem to play more than a few notes (although I suppose that's just a part of the music major life). Working on homework usually means music is playing, as does working on the blog or editing a video. If I'm sitting in the music lobby, the music library, or the caf, there's usually music playing somewhere, and even walking to class, you'll find me with earbuds in more often than not. On the plane when I'm traveling, and in the Disney Parks. It's everywhere. 

As you can imagine, I'm always looking for new ways to listen to this music, and recently I discovered the magic that is Spotify. People have been raving about it for ages, but I never really realized how amazing it is until recently. Plus, there's a student rate so having premium isn't even terrible. The best part is that, with premium, you can listen to anything off line by downloading it to your phone. In other words, I've been listening to the soundtrack for The Force Awakens for weeks, and when you throw a little bit of this and that in there too, you end up listening to all kinds of things. 

The question now is what I'll listen to next. I usually pick a soundtrack to listen to on repeat while I'm traveling. In January it was 1989 by Taylor Swift, and Disneyland brought me back to Owl City. I could just do Star Wars, but I'm already listening to that on repeat, so I'll need something new. Maybe something Disney related, or maybe the Beatles? Granted, it's certainly even easy to relate the Beatles to Disney...have you seen the shop in the UK Pavilion at Epcot? 

Leave your suggestions for what I should listen to next in the comments below and then head over to spotify and find something new yourself! 

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on December 30).

No comments:

Post a Comment