Saturday, January 2, 2016

Day 1097: Raw Fish



I mentioned in my last post that one of the things I really hope to do this year is to revisit old blog posts, especially those from 2013, and revamp them for a new, 2016 world. Apparently, that's going to happen faster than anticipated thanks to my brother.

"What do you want for dinner" is probably the most common question around my house other than "what do you want for lunch," and today's answer from my brother brought us to the world of sushi once more, and since I'm on hiatus from social media, I had no where to post the pictures from tonight's dinner adventure. Back on Day 161, I discussed briefly how I tried sushi for the first time at Disney, and I go on to talk about how I influence my friends and their growing love of Disney, but I didn't go much into detail, which is really a shame. After all, I'm not lying when I say that Disney is the reason I love sushi, and Disney is the reason I love a lot of things. 



I first tried a number of years ago when my family decided to head into the counter service restaurant in the Japan Pavilion at Epcot, which, at that point, was yet to be renamed to Katsura Grill. My brother seemed more interest in trying the sushi than I was, but I'm never one to turn down from a challenge, so I tried it right along with him. A few minutes later, we were hooked and from there on out we've tried sushi from all over the Walt Disney World Resort. In addition, we took two classes on the art of making sushi when we got back home, and now making sushi in our own kitchen is a rather regular occurrence. 

In addition to sushi, Disney has brought a lot of other new foods and experiences into my life. Cobb Salad, and actually salad in general, became a favorite of mine thanks to the Brown Derby at Disney's Hollywood Studios, among other various Disney dining locations (I once had a salad at Pecos that was SPECTACULAR). I used to absolutely despise roller-coasters, but this past summer I went on several with very big drops and quick turns while at ValleyFair Amusement Park in the Twin Cities, and I credit every bit of the courage it took to get on those coasters to Expedition Everest. Even my love of just traveling in general has a lot to do with the fact that I grew up traveling to Walt Disney World. 

All of these thoughts just from making sushi for dinner. Although I suppose that if your dinner was inspired by Disney, it's kind of hard not to think about the other things that have been inspired by Disney. Which leaves the question of the day for you: what in your life has been inspired by Disney? 

Have a magical day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment