Saturday, January 23, 2016

Day 1118: Cleaning Up the Past


As I make attempt to move on with my life after the chaos of recent weeks, I spent some time this weekend cleaning up my bedroom, which was scattered with stuff from my Townhouse that needed to go to my new apartment, as well as a still half-full suitcase from Florida and the regular items that remain in my bedroom even while I'm away at college. Needless to say, things were an absolute mess, and that led to a continuation of the thorough cleaning I did just before Christmas. 

This time, however, I wanted everything put away, or at least as much as I could without the furniture that makes up my apartment at college, and I came across my old wallet, which I replaced months ago because after three years of use it was finally wearing out. When you change wallets you tend to not transfer everything, especially in my case, as I was downsizing my wallet, and when I opened up the old one, I realized that I'd actually left quite a few Disney gems in there. 

For starters, I found all of my tickets and receipts and room keys from Disneyland this past August, which only fueled my desire to go back more. I also happened to find room keys from trips to Walt Disney World that occurred before MagicBands. Because yes, we used to use actual tickets and actual room key cards. So long ago. There were also a number of receipts from trips in 2012 and 2013, which have mostly faded away so I didn't take any pictures, but I will say that it's pretty impressive how I can know exactly what I was buying and where and why without looking at anything more than the items listed on the receipt. Unless it was bottled water...I buy that much too frequently to differentiate between purchases. 

In the end, unlike most people, I couldn't just get myself to get rid of all the park tickets and receipts and room keys, and while I did dispose of a number of the faded ones that I assume were from 2012, I also threw a good number of them in a memory box I started in my room, which features important and meaningful documents and small items that I happen to find while cleaning. I will say that finding these things made cleaning a lot more fun though, even if I did waste about a half hour looking at each individual receipt. But come on, this is Disney we're talking about, and as we all know well, even little trinkets like receipts can hold memories of magic.

Have a magical day! 


(Note: This blog post was written on January 25 due to travel).


No comments:

Post a Comment