Saturday, January 16, 2016

Day 1111: Exclusive


I just realized that it's Day 1111, and for those of you who don't know, I tend to see 11:11 everyday, twice a day. It's literally like a curse.

Either way, we're here to talk about something much more fun than some sort of curse! Try the Test Track Lounge instead! I'm lucky enough to have some great friends in the Disney community, where I've definitely learned that it's all about who you know. Thanks to a friend of a friend, we had the chance to head up to the VIP Private Chevrolet GM Lounge (long name, I know) that's usually reserved for employees and special guests. Luckily I can share just a bit of the experience with you!


The lounge is made up of two areas once you get upstairs via elevator, the front area (on the left) and then the outside window area (right). In the front area there's some brilliant seating and then two custom design stations as well as a receptionist desk and a soda/coffee bar. A connecting hallway then opens into the outside area that features the wall-length window looking out to future world, and let me tell you, the view is absolutely AMAZING. 



Not only do you have one of the best views of Spaceship Earth in the world, but you're also able to look out to all of Future World (you can see The Land and Imagination on the left), and then down below to the outdoor loop from the attraction, which shakes more than you'd imagine. The cars also go by much faster than you'd think, as even when I put my phone in slow motion video with 120 frames per second, the car still seemed to race by. 


From there we learned just about everything there is to know about Test Track, as well as a few other Future World Pavilions before heading onto the attraction for a quick ride through (we even skipped designing our car and went right on), which pretty much made the whole experience feel absolutely exclusive and VIP-like. 

I can't even describe how awesome it felt to be able to head up to the lounge, and I can't wait for the DVC lounge to open in the Imagination Pavilion so I can see more of the Undiscovered Future World (I really should go on that tour too). Thank you so much to my friends who made this trip to the lounge possible! I'll have to repay the favor once that DVC lounge is open! 

Have a magical day! 


(Note: This blog post was written on December 24 due to travel).






No comments:

Post a Comment