Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Day 1122: Frontierland


The sense of smell can be pretty powerful, and I find that when I happen to relate it to Disney, it gains even stronger. In fact, I think this is certainly something we all end up doing, since I know for a fact that I'm not the only one who talked about the distinct scent that is the "Burning of Rome" or the flavorful aroma you get right before taking your first bite of a beloved Dole Whip. Even things like Pirates of the Caribbean and The Haunted Mansion have very distinctive smells that seem to only exist in those locations.

Apparently, Frontierland is another of those locations.

When I moved about a week and a half ago, it meant walking into a brand new building for the first time...again. And of course, this place was supposed to be my new home. When I moved into the Townhouses, I continuously had the feeling that I was at Old Key West or, even more so, Saratoga Springs, but that was more about the setup than the smell. Now, living in a dorm called Riverside, I walked into the building and instantly felt at home because the hallway had the most distinctive "Frontierland" smell I've ever found outside of Walt Disney World.

I figured the smell would disappear over time or I would get used to it, but nope. Even a couple of weeks later the hallway still reminds me of Frontierland, and honestly, it's sort of a nice relief to come home to Riverside after a long day and have it smell like home.

What smells like home to you?

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment