Monday, January 25, 2016

Day 1120: A Fresh Start


A new semester is upon us and while our new apartment is a bit more cramped, the weather is much colder (and snowier) than it was in Florida a week ago, and the work is already piling, things are indeed looking up. In fact, now, 25 days into 2016, it finally feels like a new year is starting and things are changing. A great first day definitely helps with that feeling, and I hope it's one that will continue into the busy weeks ahead.

However, I'm also trying to make little changes that will keep things more lighthearted around here. Due to a lack of an English class this semester, I'm hoping to keep up with my writing and reading by staying on top of Everyday Disney, doing a 365 day writing challenge (there's an accompanying book), and reading at least one shorter story (like a fairy tale or something out of the collection of Civil War stories I recently came across) everyday. In addition, I'm trying out meal planning so I can spend a couple of hours on Sunday making my food for the entire week, which then requires only a bit of work to put together right before I eat it or take it with me for a busy day at college. I'm attempting to be more organized with elements such as the Momentum Dash Board (pictured above), which takes your new tab on your internet browser and turns it into a beautiful motivation tool!

But more than anything, I'm going to try and keep myself focused on participating in the happy moments and the things I love more than letting the grey get me down. In other words, it's not always about the work I have to get done or how much time it's going to take me to make the copies for concert band and Winter Band Fest, even after an entire day of school and meetings...but rather about the awesome music I'll get to listen to while I do it (Mahler here I come)! Instead of thinking about the past and the terrors it holds, I'm going to think about the future instead, like the possibility of two more Disney trips this year and the new experiences and adventures they might hold. And if worst comes to worst, I can always think about going to go see Star Wars again sometime in the near future...because four times just seems like one too little.

What are some ways you've been starting fresh this year or semester? Let me know in the comments!

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment