Thursday, January 7, 2016

Day 1102: Work Stops for No One



I sort of feel like I've been working forever.

First, I had the end of last semester, then it was Christmas, then catching up Everyday Disney before the end of the year, then the band trip video, and now I'm about to leave for Florida with a whole new set of challenges to face when I return. This is, I suppose, a part of life, but it certainly hasn't help my brain process the fact that I'm heading to Florida in just a few days. While packing and such, I kept wondering what in the world I was doing, because I certainly didn't feel like I should be packing for Walt Disney World.

It's actually sort of a weird feeling for me. Part of my mind chimes in every so often with a "you're going to be at Disney in three days" and then another part seems to just laugh at that prospect, because with everything else going on there's no way I could be going to Disney. But when I do remind myself I get excited, and then promptly forget about the trip before going back to whatever work I have to be focused on. Usually I'm bouncing off the walls with excitement about going on a trip.

Then again, the fact that I don't even know what day of the week it is half the time probably has something to do with my confusion about leaving for Florida. In fact, I haven't been able to figure out what day it is for about a month...actually since Once Upon A Time ended for the midseason. That's when I really lost track of what's going on. Luckily, my work has kept me from getting bored over J-Term like I usually do. My freshman year I ended up watching almost the entirety of How I Met Your Mother, and last J-Term...I went to Florida? Gosh, I don't even remember what else I did!

Regardless, there's something to be said about working like this. It's exhausting, first and foremost. You get to a point where you never want to look at your computer again, even if it's just to watch Netflix. People text or message you about meeting up for something and you carefully pick through your planned out day to make sure you can allow yourself an hour or two for lunch and some shopping. But I think more than anything, work like I've dealt with this J-Term almost makes the actual semester seem easy...although I do enjoy having the whole of the coffee shop area in our library for myself.

The great part though? Everyday Disney will be caught up before I go to Florida, the band trip video will be done, I'll film a bunch of new YouTube videos while at Disney, and things will get a little bit easier...I hope.

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment