Thursday, January 14, 2016

Day 1109: Extra, Extra!


I'd most certainly be lying if I said I hadn't been looking forward to the day I was cast as an extra at the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular. In fact, since I realized back in June 2014 that I was, finally, actually old enough to be cast, it was sort of a wake up call, but the actual chance to be a part of the show never really came. I was always in the middle of doing something else (mostly filming a band trip video) or wasn't chosen. Still, I longed for the day that I could be in the middle of the action of my favorite show at Walt Disney World. 

And that day finally came. When we made our way into the bleachers I figured we'd be placed in a weird spot that would, per usual, not help with the selection process. However, much to my excitement, I ended up in the absolute perfect spot to be picked as an extra. Almost front and center and right on an isle, there was no way I wouldn't stand out if I jumped up and down a few times when we headed to my section. Needless to say (and pretty obviously considering the picture above), it did work, and for the first time ever, I got to be a part of Indiana Jones! 



Being an Extra at Indiana Jones is, easily, one of the coolest things I've done at Walt Disney World in a long while. To give you a brief rundown of what happens if you've never been chosen, basically you go up and do your introduction and then make your way up to the top of the set. Cast Members are waiting up there with a robe for you to wear for your time as an extra and quickly help you into it while you sign a waver (yes you do actually sign one). From there, you're seated in a roped off section for the first scene of the show and then make your way down onto the set, where you're given strict instructions on motions to follow and are placed for your time as the entire population of the city of Cairo. Honestly though, if I didn't know what was happening around me from the numerous times I've seen the show before, I'd have no clue what was going on, but it was really awesome to be right up in the middle of the action. 

I have to say that I laughed more than a little bit when the stunt double disguised as a volunteer extra (you know the one) and I teamed up for our frozen poses during the introduction, even if our coordinator wasn't quite as thrilled. It certainly made the whole experience more awesome and I can't wait to volunteer again in the future. Of course, we had to go and meet Indy and Marian afterwards too, who are always more than happy to take pictures and chat with you after the show. 


And that's my experience being an extra at the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular, and if you haven't been one yet, why not!?! Like I said, this was honestly one of my favorite experiences from all my time in the parks and would do it again in a heartbeat! After all, who doesn't want to be in Indiana Jones!?! 

Have a magical day! 


(Note: This Blog Post was written on January 24 due to travel).

No comments:

Post a Comment