Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Day 1100: Hot or Cold


Leading up to every trip, regardless of where I travel, I tend to check out the weather forecast for while we're there, and thanks to technology, you can often check up to ten days in advance...although it's usually not correct that far out. This trip is a perfect example of incorrect weather forecasts, simply because they change by the day.

January in Florida seems to be notorious for changing weather, much like Wisconsin is all year long. As you can see in the picture, last January when we were there we went from shorts and t-shirts to bundled up in as many layers as we could find, and it seems that this January won't be much different...just with more of the bundled up part. After last year, Frank and I have decided that we're not traveling in winter without our coats again, so at least we'll have those along this time in case Mother Nature decides it's time for Florida to have a cold spell.

This back and forth weather does cause a few problems when trying to pack though. I honestly feel like I have half my closet in my suitcase, and even with trying to wear my thickest sweater on the plane, it's still pretty much filled up. We may only be staying in Florida for eight days this trip, but it seems like I have over two weeks worth of clothes, simply because I need layers upon layers to make sure I'm set for anything the weather might throw at us.

How I'm going to have room for all the stuff I'll buy, on the other hand, I'm not too sure.

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment