Friday, January 29, 2016

Day 1124: The Twentieth Century - Bring It On!


What's even better than a normal day of Music Theory class (it's my favorite course if you haven't figured that out already)? A day a Music Theory that begins with a Death Star and Holst! 

While I usually walk into class plenty early, today I happened to walk in right before we started, only to find that I had apparently been missing out on enjoying this lovely view of the second Death Star! As we begin our new semester here at SNC, we're moving along in the course of Music History from the Romantic Era right into the Twentieth Century and the destruction of tonality. If you have no idea what any of that means, don't worry, I don't really know what it's all about yet either, but I do know it means more modern music, and with that more modern music comes some of my favorite pieces...like Star Wars! 

Honestly this is going to be a really short blog post, but I like to go back to the roots of what Everyday Disney is all about sometimes: finding little bits of Disney in your everyday life, and this is most definitely an example of that! Thanks Dr. Henson for making this Star Wars Fan's day! 

Have a magical day! 



No comments:

Post a Comment