Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Day 1135: Greater Kudu


Yes, I do realize that the animal above is an Okapi, not a Greater Kudu, and while the Kudu is not the "ghost of the forest" like the Bongo is, apparently I still have very few pictures. Of course, I have what seems like 12 zillion pictures of giraffes, but the second you need a picture of a Greater Kudu, you can't find one. Regardless, go find a picture, because they're definitely an animal that makes Animal Kingdom their home, and I should know, especially considering the day I had.

As I'm sure you know by now, I'm taking an Environmental Science class this semester, and during our lab session today, my professor shared some pictures of his trip to Africa with us. As one might expect, there were some lions and plenty of antelope and giraffes and elephants, but I was honestly surprised when I named many of the animals the second they appeared on the screen, and I even knew a few additional animal facts that I've learned along the way.

For instance, when a picture of the Kudu came up, I knew instantly what it was, the same way I knew all about the warthogs, lions, giraffes, elephants, sables, and elands, When my professor was commenting on the elephants as they appeared to eat dirt, I couldn't help but wonder whether or not they might be eating the clay or dirt for the minerals, and when he mentioned mice in relation to elephants, I almost made a comment about honey bees.

You know, this semester certainly seems to be filled with examples of how Disney has taught me more than I ever realized, and it's definitely making my geography and environmental science classes more interesting! And since we ended class with a picture of a lion, here's a picture of a lion for you guys too!


Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment