Saturday, February 20, 2016

Day 1146: Zoo Tycoon 2


There are some things that simply mark our childhoods and make us the people we are today. Zoo Tycoon was one of those things. 

Not long ago, my friends and I had an entire conversation at lunch about Zoo Tycoon. I'm not talking about a mention it and move onto the next topic type of conversation...no, a literal, real, half hour conversation about how much we loved Zoo Tycoon (and other old computer games...Rollercoaster Tycoon was at the top of that list too), and then my roommate and I proceeded to search out our copies of the game. Coming up empty handed, she ordered the game online and now we've all got zoos on our computers, filled with animals of every kind. 

Personally, I think I took Zoo Tycoon 2 a bit too seriously as a kid, but I have the feeling that has something to do with Disney and how the parks look. I was always obsessed with making sure the themes matched the animal habitats and that everything looked as natural as possible, just like it does at Disnye's Animal Kingdom in Florida. I haven't had a ton of time to really make much of a zoo yet, but when I do I'll be sure to share all the random little Disney references that appear. I know for one that the very first elephant I buy will be named Red...and her little baby elephant will be Little Red. 

Have a magical day! 



No comments:

Post a Comment