Saturday, February 27, 2016

Day 1153: Anna, Elsa, Tiana


The world's latest obsession is definitely adult coloring books, and I couldn't be more excited. As an artsy person in general, I've always loved coloring, and now that's apparently socially acceptable for adults to color too, I'm even more excited. Even Disney is getting in on the action, creating adult coloring books that are by far some of the most intricate I've seen out there. My mom gifted me the first two in the set - Disney Princess and Frozen - to test out, and Megan and I put them to use while watching Newsies recently. Because why wouldn't you want to watch a Disney movie and color in a Disney coloring book?


Megan picked the Disney Princess book, eager to find her favorite Disney Princess: Tiana. I watched as she colored the page, and I got really excited when I saw her color choice for the intricate heart outline. I really thought the dark blue brought some real contrast to the picture and made it different from what one might usually expect! 


Meanwhile, I dove into Frozen, specifically intent on finding a picture of both Anna and Elsa. I found this one, and quite honestly had to look up a picture of them from the movie to make sure I got the color combinations correct. I think it turned out rather well though! 

I think it's pretty obvious at this point that I'm going to be spending more time with my nose in a coloring book than I may have before, but with all the pictures I now have available to color, I don't think that's going to be a problem.

Have a magical day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment