Sunday, February 14, 2016

Day 1140: Rhythm of the Tambourine


What do you do after spending a weekend with High School Students and playing on concerts and it also happens to be Valentine's Day? Make yourself homemade spaghetti and meatballs and scones and watch The Hunchback of Notre Dame, of course!

If I had to name three movies that I grew up with as a kid, Hunchback would definitely be one of them. I watched it often enough, although mostly when there were thunderstorms, and to this day it's certainly up there on my list of favorite Disney movies. That standard is more because of the music than anything else, but having seen the show as a kid at what was then MGM Studios, and continuously watching the film, I just love Hunchback as a whole.

Now, as you may know, a broadway version of the story has come about, although it's currently not being performed and isn't going to Broadway that we know of, which is really disappointing. The musical version of The Hunchback of Notre Dame just blew me away, and I tend to listen to it all the time. So much, in fact, that I know most of the words to all of the new songs, as I learned the words to the classic ones years ago. If you haven't had a chance to listen to the Cast Recording of the Musical, you can check it out on Spotify HERE.

As for me, Valentine's Day was pretty quiet after all the high school students went home. Spaghetti is easily one of my favorite foods, especially when I make my homemade sauce, so it sounded like the perfect meal for me after a long weekend. Plus, the whole Lady and the Tramp connection has to count for something, right?


Let me know in the comments how Disney may have inspired your Valentine's Day and Have a magical day! 



No comments:

Post a Comment